Although eating fresh and newly purchased fish is always a perfect and delicious alternative, often must choose to purchase this food and freeze it until the time of their preparation to avoid so the same damage, guaranteeing their good condition and freshness. But when the time comes to perform this process many people wonder what is the mode indicated to preserve to the maximum the properties of this food, so in Dinzie we explain how to properly thaw the fish.
The best way to defrost fish is allowing food to acquire the room temperature slowly, so you have to plan in advance this process. Take the fish in the same container or bag where you froze it and place it on your refrigerator, preferably in the area that receives less cold, and let it defrost for 12 to 24 hours. It is convenient to place the container on a plate to prevent defrosting water to wet your fridge.
If you do not have space in your fridge also it is possible to thaw the fish out, leaving him in a good place in your kitchen. It takes into account that the area where to let the fish should not be too warm or receive the Sun directly. If you opt for this alternative you can defrost the fish between 6 and 12 hours before cooking.
Another way to speed up the process a bit to thaw the fish is by putting it in a container with cold water. Make sure the packaging or freezing bag where you is going to find some of the fish is very well sealed, then immerse it partially in a little cold water and view by changing the water every so often. This alternative will help thaw the fish quickly and effectively.
The microwave is another good ally for defrosting fish, but requires close attention to avoid that food finished cooking in certain parts, so is recommended to:
- Select defrost program suitable for fish.
- Take into account that the piece must fit in the microwave leaving enough space to rotate, this way to defrost more evenly.
- Monitor the fish and turn it if necessary, thus you favor a better distribution of the heat.
- If the piece is very large it is suitable to cut it off and defrost it in two batches
- If you see that the thinner parts of the fish are beginning to cook and the Center is still frozen, the best is part of the microwave and leave end of defrost at room temperature.